August 15, 2017

Seeing Red. Sandra Brown

book cover
Published: Grand Central
Date: 15th August 2017
Format: e-ARC
Pages: 432
Genre: Romantic suspense
Source: Publisher via NG
Rating:
4 stars                     Add to Goodreads
Kerra Bailey is a television journalist on the rise, and she's hot on the trail of a story guaranteed to skyrocket her career to even greater heights: an interview with the legendary Major Trapper. Twenty-five years ago, the Major emerged a hero from the bombing of the Pegasus Hotel in downtown Dallas when he was photographed leading a handful of survivors out of the collapsing building. The iconic picture transformed him into a beloved national icon, in constant demand for speeches and interviews--until he suddenly dropped out of the public eye, shunning all members of the media. However, Kerra is willing to use any means necessary to get to the Major--even if she has to wrangle an introduction from his estranged son, former ATF agent John Trapper.

Still seething over his break with both the ATF and his father, John Trapper wants no association with the hotel bombing or his hero father, and spurns the meddling reporters determined to drag them back into the limelight. Yet Kerra's sheer audacity and tantalizing hints that there's more to the story rouse Trapper's interest despite himself. And when her interview of a lifetime goes catastrophically awry - he knows he must keep going.

My thoughts banner
Seeing Red by Sandra Brown was a really good suspense/mystery/thriller book. One of those books you look at the time and realise its way past your bedtime and you still have to read on to see who is the good person and who is the evil one, and how did it all go down.

Kerra is a news anchor and a good one, she wanted and got an interview with Major Franklin Trapper, and she has an ace up her sleeve that is going to helped her achieve that. What she doesn't realise is that all hell is about to break loose and it sure does. She is lucky to get away with her life intact.

John Trapper is Franklin's son and a badass - or is he?  He has hated all the fame a famous rescue that Major Trapper accomplished has brought the family. His life was changed forever the day his father rescued people from a bombed hotel. Plus now John believes there was more to that bombing than people are letting on about and he wants to root around and get to the very depths of it. So far it has lost him his job at the ATF and made him look a fool. But the thing about Trapper is he is very persistent and most of the time is one step ahead of the enemy - whoever that might be!

When the interview results in a shocking event Trapper steps in and kidnaps Kerra - for her own good of course. And so the ducking and diving begins. Who is the enemy is always the question. We are given little cameos of the perpetrators but never the full picture. It's very fortunate that Trapper does not trust easily, is very perceptive and while he resents the fame and the impact it has had on his relationship with his father, there are still bonds of love there.

I really enjoyed this story, the mystery and suspense, the wonderings about who was the person or persons behind the various killings. Trapper and Kerra grow as people throughout the story, the relationship of Trapper and the Major develops well and other relationships are called into question. And of course there is some hot romance happening between Kerra and Trapper.





11 comments:

  1. I read her when I was 12 for some reason and then stopped, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Sandra Brown, thanks for the fantastic review Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting thoughts about this book. I think I read her work a long time ago..would that be the same Sandra Brown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Patty. It is years since I read her too, but I enjoyed the re-acquaintance!

      Delete
  4. I enjoy this author, and just downloaded Seeing Red today. Now, after reading your review, I know I won't be able to wait long to start reading it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen Sandra Brown around for years but have never read her. I have no idea why as I love some romantic suspense and this one sounds really fun. I'll definitely have to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not read this author yet, there are several reviews of this book around this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I need yo get this book. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've ever read her books but I'd give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks good, with lots of elements I love. I don't think I have tried this author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have enjoyed other Sandra Brown books but it has been a few years. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...